Check Out My Other Blog

All Made Up by McKenzie

Permanent Cosmetics for the Girl on the Go


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

My last day of school...

It was my last day at school yesterday and I was so sad! The kids and I wore our pajamas to celebrate and had a shared lunch. We cleaned out the kids trays, did an Easter activity and finished up a bunch of work. The school had an assembly for the American teachers and they gave me a Chiefs Hat from the local rugby team. They are so kind. My cooperating teacher gave me a Green-Stone Ring and some Kiwi stickers. One of my students gave me a stuffed Kiwi bird that makes chirping noises and another gave me a chocolate Easter bunny. It was a really good day. :)


Last week Darnie and I went to Whangamata and went surfing! We stayed in a super flash beach house and had so much fun!


On Tuesday night Darnie, Jalayne and I went to Raglan for fish & chips on the beach. It was so beautiful I almost cried. Wednesday night was the school disco where we all dressed up in "B" costumes. Darnie was a butterfly and I was a bandit. It was great to see the kids all dressed up and having fun together. Today Darnie and I are heading up North for holiday. We are going to stay with her parents for a few days, go fishing and celebrate Easter, and then we are going to head up to the cape via 90 mile beach. I'm excited to go to the very tip of NZ!

I cannot believe I come home in a couple weeks--but it is exciting that I already have a job and everything is working out. My parents are going to the Robins Award Ceremony for me and are going to start looking for an apartment for me. It's so great to have parents like mine that are so helpful.

2 comments:

PrincessJulia said...

So... it sounds like you will be back in Utah around the time we will be. Hope to see you then. Oh, and we have so much more to tell you. I am happy for you but have missed you. Love ya!

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

Hey! Check your facebook cuz I left you a message! Ty and I are trying to find someone to live in our apt. for the summer to help us out with rent. So let me know if you are interested!