1.I love argyle. However, I only own one argyle sweater.
2.I read dragon books. I am teased incessantly by my family and I try to keep it a secret; but now I’m embracing it.
3.I’m afraid of cottage cheese and refuse to eat it.
4.I’m the only one in my family that hasn’t taken hunter’s safety.
5.I don’t like girls. If I could, I’d always have boy roommates and would only teach boys.
6.Within the past year, my hair has gone curly and I’ve become allergic to tree nuts.
7.I received my middle name for Christmas when I was 17 after years of complaining about not having one.
8.I have always wanted to move to a new place, get a job in a coffee shop and live in a loft above a store.
9.I complain that I don’t look my age, but secretly, I love it.
10.I could be a college student forever.
11.If I had to pick a new career, I would want to become a doctor or a midwife.
12.I don’t do well with young children (less than 6) or elderly people.
13.I have always wanted to be a pop star.
14.I could eat fries every day as long as there was fry sauce with them.
15.I still listen to Hanson, Dream and Hoku. (Often)
16. My rib-cage is three times the size of a normal human being.
17. I’m really not that smart, I just have a great memory.
18.I don’t really like animals. They’re cute, but I don’t want one.
19.I’m attracted to “pretty boys,” as my dad calls them.
20.Dirty counter-tops induce anxiety attacks.
21. The first thing I do in the morning (NO MATTER WHAT!) is brush my teeth.
22.I love old movies like Doctor Zhivago and Gone With the Wind.
23. I HATE BANANAS and tell people I’m allergic to them.
24.I am terrified of failure.
25. I love ghetto reality shows like the ones on VH1 and MTV. It is my guilty pleasure.
26. I love to watch horrible vampire/witch movies with my sister.
27. I do not like soda. The bubbles hurt my mouth.
28.I love to wear thermals. Staying warm is my favorite.
29. Neutrogena Rain Bath body wash is the best—it reminds me of Hawaii.
30. I’ve always wanted to be a pop star.
31. I love garlic—the more the better!
32. I hate birds. Once, my friend’s bird flew in my hair and I have never fully recovered.
33. One of my favorite treats is Tootsie Rolls.
34. I love the smell of books, old or new. The scent of a library is heaven.
35. I could eat a box of Wheat Thins a day.
36.I love sauces and dips—my mom raised me this way! J
37. Funfetti frosting is my favorite. I could eat it with a spoon.
38. I eat peanut butter in my cereal.
39. I leave for New Zealand tomorrow and I’ll be gone for 7 weeks!
40. I have survived without an IPod for almost 21 years. But Blake just got me a pink one—THANK YOU!
41. When I work/study, I have to have music on. My brain must be actively blocking something out or I lose my focus.
42.I love quotes. They’re written on sticky notes throughout my house and I am constantly looking for new ones.
43. People tell me I look like Amanda Seyfried.
44. My nickname throughout junior high was Ducky. Oh, girls camp.
45. I make the best chocolate chip cookies.
46. I write lists incessantly about anything. I often write the same list more than once.
47. I love teaching—it truly is my calling.
48.I have always wanted to be “Cool Aunt McKenzie.” (Not yet though Morgan & Dane!)
49. I’ve known I wanted to be a teacher since 2nd grade. Granted, it’s changed a few times over the year, but I always went back to teaching.
50. The Jordan River Temple is my favorite temple.
51. I’m the 2008-2009 Scholar for the Special Education Department! YAY! I’m so proud of myself!
52. I would rather not wear clothes, thank goodness my roommates agree with me.
53. Most of these things involve food…coincidence, I think not.
54. I am a sucker for jackets. Most girls like shoes, but I would rather have a new jacket.
55. I love to sing loud, even though I do not have a good voice.
56. I am super clumsy. My mom says I’d trip down an empty hallway.
57.I am also a crybaby. I cried watching Toy Story 2. Again, my mom has a thought about this—I’d cry at the opening of a gas station. All I can say in response is, of course I would, it was someone’s dream to open a gas station.
58. I really enjoy movie theatre popcorn.
59. I have the hardest time getting ready and going to work out, but once I’m doing it I really enjoy it.
60. My hands are always covered in white-board marker.
61.I was afraid of using rubber cement for years because in the third grade, I spilled a bottle and the janitor yelled at me. Oh the trauma of my youth.
62.Speaking of traumatic elementary experiences, our elementary school janitor was awful and would wear shirts saying, “I eat kids.” I still have nightmares.
63. I really want to be a mom; but it can wait till the right time.
64.I love my desk organized in right angles.
65. I hate balancing my checkbook so I am extremely grateful for online banking.
66. I think I have cute handwriting.
67. I love thrift stores like Somebody’s Attic.
68. I always dislike math growing up, but now it’s one of my favorite things to teach.
69. I’ve always wanted to work in a library.
70. I have a mole in my belly button and my aunt thought I had a belly button piercing. It made me laugh.
71. My favorite number is 4.
72. Cherry blow pops are the best treat ever. However, the only time you can get a whole bag of cherry blow pops is at valentine’s day, so I stock up.
73. My favorite Easter candy is Peeps-just like Grandpa.
74. I talk to my mom every day.
75. I love the gospel and am so lucky to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
1.I love argyle. However, I only own one argyle sweater.
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 11:20 AM
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I'M DONE WITH MY PORTFOLIO! (except for the ELED stuff I have to do in New Zealand) Everyone needs to celebrate with me! :)
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 8:08 PM
I'm sitting in my classroom listening to my students giggle, and I can't help but think that I am really going to miss them. My last day is on Tuesday and I only hope that I have influenced their lives in some small way because they have influenced mine so much.
Last night I spent the night at Janalyn's working on portfolio. Her husband, Wade is so kind and made us dinner and cleaned up so we could keep working. It is going to be so hard to be away from her for 7 weeks! But at least we are almost done with our portfolios! :)
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 7:18 AM
Monday, February 16, 2009
Let me tell you, I cannot wait until I live in one place for longer than a year. Because I'm going to be gone until right before graduation, I've decided to start packing my apartment to relieve the stress of moving when I get back. Looking back, I've moved 7 times in the last 3 years. That is way too much!
Not only am I starting to pack my apartment, but I'm starting to pack for my trip. I'm a little lost on what I should bring. I don't want to pack too light and need things over there, but I don't want to pack too much. If anyone has packing tips or travel tips, please let me know. One thing that is helping me is that I know if I really need something, I can get it over there. :)
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 7:37 AM
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
I finally have my placement! YAY! I'm teaching Year 3/4 which is the 7 and 8 year olds! I'm so excited. I also found out who I am living with! They are a very nice couple and just bought a new house. They are remodeling right now and hopefully it will be finished by the time I get there. They have a "sleep-out," which I'm assuming is like a pool house that will be all mine! It's nice that I will have my own space when I need it! Nga (pronounced 'nah') is a roofer and he is Maori. Darnie is caucasion and teaches the same grade I'll be working with, however, I'll be teaching with a different teacher. I think that this was smart of the coordinators so we don't get sick of each other. :) They do not have any kids yet and have been married for only a few years. Darnie said they love to get out and they are excited to show me New Zealand! She also told me that they are LDS and that the church is right across the street from their house. They are also only 1 km away from the Hamilton Temple! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!
I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders now that I know where I'm staying. Only 17 days till I leave!
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 10:44 AM
Monday, February 9, 2009
It's been a while since I've updated the blog, so I figured I'd better do it while I have a spare minute. My computer is broken (thanks again for looking at it Wade), so I'm resolved to only getting on the computer at school. I'll be honest, I don't know how I survived not having a laptop before!
Posted by Cory and McKenzie at 10:26 AM