Check Out My Other Blog

All Made Up by McKenzie

Permanent Cosmetics for the Girl on the Go


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

17 Days and Counting Down

I finally have my placement! YAY! I'm teaching Year 3/4 which is the 7 and 8 year olds! I'm so excited. I also found out who I am living with! They are a very nice couple and just bought a new house. They are remodeling right now and hopefully it will be finished by the time I get there. They have a "sleep-out," which I'm assuming is like a pool house that will be all mine! It's nice that I will have my own space when I need it! Nga (pronounced 'nah') is a roofer and he is Maori. Darnie is caucasion and teaches the same grade I'll be working with, however, I'll be teaching with a different teacher. I think that this was smart of the coordinators so we don't get sick of each other. :) They do not have any kids yet and have been married for only a few years. Darnie said they love to get out and they are excited to show me New Zealand! She also told me that they are LDS and that the church is right across the street from their house. They are also only 1 km away from the Hamilton Temple! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders now that I know where I'm staying. Only 17 days till I leave!

2 comments:

jaci said...

I am SOOOOO excited for you! How awesome to be so close to the church and temple. WOW! Sounds like it will be a nice set up where you can learn lots and have TONS of fun!!!! (i admit...i'm a little jealous)

PrincessJulia said...

Congrats! It sounds like it is going be great for you. We will miss you but also excited for you to have this experience. Talk to you soon!