Check Out My Other Blog

All Made Up by McKenzie

Permanent Cosmetics for the Girl on the Go


Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Crying in the Merrill Hall Office

I finally got my pictures from New Zealand developed. Not all of them--that would have cost over $100. But a good amount. I'm sitting here in the Merrill Office and I'm writing on the back the dates/names/places I remember so I don't forget. And then I realize. I've been home over a month. I look at a picture of Darnie and I at Rotorua getting ready to go down the luge and I can't stop them...the tears are streaming. In the middle of my office shift I'm crying. I got to talk to Darnie last night but it is not the same. I miss her. I miss Nga. I miss my barefoot students and butter chicken and laying out in the sun on a Sunday afternoon. New Zealand is my second home. I will never be the same after being there. I became a better person, a stronger person. So I will wipe my tears and vow that I will be back. Soon.

1 comments:

Ty, Steph, Bris, Big T said...

i am so excited to hear all about it! call me!